Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LeToya Luckett Talks "Drumline: A New Beat" and If She'll Return to "Single Ladies"


Wetpaint.com:
Former Destiny’s Child singer LeToya Luckett is one busy gal these days, jumping into the role of Nia Phillips for VH1’s made-for-TV Drumline sequel, Drumline: A New Beat. When Wetpaint Entertainment caught up with LeToya, she dished on her character, her love of acting, and whether or not she’ll appear in the new season of VH1’s Single Ladies, which found a new home on Centric TV.

Wetpaint Entertainment: Tell us about your experience working on Drumline: A New Beat
LeToya Luckett: You know, it was a lot of fun. It was a lot of fun. Of course, I’ve been a fan of Drumline all those years ago when it came out and I’ve been a fan of drumlines and marching bands my whole life because I’m from the South. Just to be a part of such an amazing cast and everything that this film will do for HBCU [Historically Black Colleges and Universities] brings attention to events and funding and brings awareness to schools and education is awesome.
I did a little research to prepare for the role. My grandmother was a dean as well, so I took a little from her experience and kind of used it to my advantage. 

Which do you love more: acting or singing?
I love both. It’s hard for me to say. Not only am I an artist, but I’m a fan of music and a fan of film. But because I’m passionate about both of those things, I’m gonna be able to do both, you know, to the best of my capabilities [laughs], you know act and sing. I can’t really say! I love both and I’m passionate and I work hard in both. 

Are you working on any new music?
I have an album coming out next year called Until Then. A single will be released before year’s end. You’ll hear something soon. 

We know that VH1’s Single Ladies has found a new home on Centric TV. Can we expect to see you in the new season?
We’ll see! Stay tuned! But I’m glad everybody loved Felicia [Price]. Well, not everybody, but I’m glad to see people took to [my character] well. I was kind of scared at first, you know. I didn’t want people to think I was really mean, but you know, I was doing my job. I was acting. and a lot of people thought she was funny, and awesome, and confident. That’s all I can ask for — that people appreciate my work. 

Speak of work, are you working on any more movies?
Yes! As a matter of fact I’ll be in Season of Love, which will actually be Taraji P. Henson’s producer debut on Lifetime. It’ll be on November 23 or 27, so everyone can set that date.

No comments:

Post a Comment